The wasps are horrifying!
Welcome to our
"TO Jam Hindsight is 2020" submission!
2020 has been a rough year for all of us. Sometimes, it's okay to poke fun at it and see the humour in it. At least we hope you agree because we definitely tried! Keep an eye out for cameos from some of our favorite characters!
Prime Minister Speaking Moistly
The Beloved Toilet Paper Roll
Proper Mask Hygiene Couple
"Bunch of Yahoos"
The current version was made in just about a week by a team of 4 people. We had a lot of fun making it and we hope you have just as much fun playing it. We're hoping to get a few patches out in the coming weeks to fix some issues. It's not perfect by any means, but it's something!
Remember, avoid speaking moistly and stay the blazes home!
Meet the team
Important - This game was not built for mobile so if you are viewing from a mobile device please head to a computer to play on the website! No download required.
Tested and working on the following browsers
- Google Chrome - v83.0.4103.61 (Official Build) (64-bit)
- Mozilla Firefox - v76.0.1 (64-bit)
- Microsoft Edge - v81.0.416.77 (Official build) (64-bit)
- Safari - v13.0.4 (15608.4.9.1.3)
- Brave - v1.9.72 Chromium: 81.0.4044.138 (Official Build) (64-bit)
- Important - Shields Down
To exit full screen mode, hit Escape on your keyboard.
- Once you have downloaded the game, you will receive a ZIP file named Surviving2020_WIN64_V01
- Right click > Extract All...
- In the popup window, choose where you want to unzip the contents of the game
- Check Show extracted files when complete if it is not checked already
- Click Extract
- Once the contents has unzipped, a window will popup with the game files. Double-click on Surviving2020
- A window may popup from Windows titled Windows Protected Your PC. Don't worry! This is not a virus, but just Windows being cautious about opening applications from unknown publishers
- Click on More Info and this will present you with the option to Run Anyway.
Click that and the game should start up!
- Once you have downloaded the game, you will receive a ZIP file named Surviving2020_MAC_V01
- Double click to extract the contents
- Navigate to the folder where it extracted and double click the Surviving2020 Application file found within
- A window may popup warning stating "Surviving2020” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified." Don't worry! This is not a virus, but just Mac being cautious about opening applications from unknown publishers
- Click Cancel
- Hit CMD + Space and search Security & Privacy
- Under General click the lock in the bottom left corner to unlock your settings
- You should see a message in Security & Privacy - General tab at the bottom that states ""Surviving2020" was blocked from use because it is not from an identified developer." Click Open Anyway.
- Another popup will appear warning you one more time of the same thing. Click Open.
- IMPORTANT FINAL STEP - Before your start playing navigate back to Security & Privacy and ENABLE the lock in the bottom corner. This is for your own privacy and protection throughout the rest of your computer's session.
Once you have allowed the application to run once, you will be able to always open it without going through those steps!
Enjoy! Leave a comment with any feedback if you like. We are open to hearing what you think, even if you didn't like the game!
- WebGL Build Launches43 days ago
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Love The Game!!! Has good movement and graphics
The art is very cleanly lined and the controls were solid. The concept is humorous and I love the elements.
All things considered - great game! Would love to see a covid19 spin of "diner dash" where a minimum wage worker has to get through the days trials.